Wednesday 9 December 2015

November Birchbox

I barely ever get any post or deliveries through my door as I tend to do a lot of my shopping in shops rather than online. This means that I get VERY excited whenever I get any sort of letter at all - I get a bit too excited when my boots vouchers come. It's sad I know. I used to love getting my graze box sent to me every fortnight, but I soon stopped those as all 4 boxes were gone within 5 minutes of the postman coming! Anyway, I thought that I would sign up to a beauty box so that I have something to look forward to every month. I'd been really keen to sign up to one of these boxes for over a year now but just never got round to it, I had been ooo-ing and aah-ing between the Birchbox and the Glossybox for ages and then just thought that I would try them both out, which means TWO deliveries a month - how exciting!



My first box was was the November Birchbox, I was so excited to open it up and see what was inside! This month was a collaboration with Skinny Dip and so the box had the really cute shell pattern on the box and also a £10 off voucher which I will definitely be using to buy the glittery unicorn phone case! Here is what came in my first box:

Cowshed - Cow Pat - Moisturising hand cream
I'm obsessed with hand cream, I can't leave the house without it otherwise my hands feel so gross all day. This one has essential oils of grapefruit and coriander in it and isn't a smell I would usually go for but I do really like it. It leaves my hands feeling really nice and soft as well and soaks in quickly.

Vichy - Life Serum
This is such a nice serum! I have really sensitive skin so sometimes find it hard to find a product that doesn't irritate my skin at all, and this is perfect. It is non-comedogenic and Paraben-free and has left my skin feeling so soft, especially on my drier areas such as my nose. I definitely think i'll be investing in a full size product once i've finished this!

English Laundry Notting Hill Femme Eau de Parfum
This is such a gorgeous smelling perfume! It's a really fresh scent with notes of bergamot, mandarin and cassis, with warm wood, vanilla and amber. This is definitely a scent I would go for and lasts all day.

POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life - Peach Parfait
This is a really cute eyeshadow trio with a highlighting shade, a peachy shade and a deep golden/bronze. They are all quite shimmery and actually really pigmented. I'm obsessed with these since they came, they're perfect for an every day subtle smokey eye looks and the highlighting shade is perfect for the inner corner of your eyes and for under your brow bones. This is definitely my favourite thing from the box!

Delarom - Créme Acquaconfort
I haven't really used this much yet as i've been trying out the Vichy serum more, but this seems like a great cream to apply to your face morning and night and it smells really natural. It has aloe vera extract and is rich in vitamin A, C and E and has minerals to moisturise and invigorate whilst jojoba butter restores the skins elasticity.

theBalm Cosmetics - Frat Boy Blush/Shadow
This is the teeniest sample of a blush ever! It comes in a case like a little book - it's so cute! It's a really nice rosy pink matte blush which is great for every day as it's quite subtle. It's a perfect size to pop into your handbag too if you need to top up throughout the day.

ALSO, when I signed up there was an offer on to recieve a free full-sized Nuxe - Masque Créme Fraîche. This is a leave on mask - or you can remove it with a toner. It literally leaves my skin incredible, it makes it so soft and not greasy at all. I've started using it twice a week, and that's all you need to keep your skin feeling soft all week.

I'm really happy with my first box, I think they're such a great way to try new products without having to commit to buying the full size. Some of these brands i'd never heard of, but now love what i've tried! I can't wait for my next box, and my Glossybox!

What beauty boxes have you tried?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig