Wednesday 23 December 2015

December GlossyBox 'The Rose Gold Edit'

Recently, I decided to sign myself up for Glossybox and Birchbox (you can read all about my first Birchbox here). This was my first ever Glossybox and I was soo excited to receive it, more so than the Birchbox, i'm not really sure why! And oh my god it's beautiful, and rose gold! This month was a collaboration with beauty blogger Really Ree, who included some of her favourite products in the box. It's quite hard for me to fall in love with a product enough to buy the full size, and so I love the idea of these boxes to try out loads of different products, most of which I wouldn't usually go for. My room seems to be flooded with samples at the moment, especially as i've nearly finished my feelunique advent calendar (which I am LOVING at the moment!) but it means I get to continually try out new things - yay! Anyway, here is a look at what I received in my first box...

The December box comes in the most gorgeous rose gold box with 'let it snow' and 'let's celebrate' on the side and loads of snow! It's so Christmassy and cute, and also makes my dressing table look really pretty and festive! Once you've taken the lid off, all of the products inside are covered with tissue paper and wrapped with a ribbon like a Christmas present which makes opening it all up that little bit more exciting!



First of all inside the box (and my personal favourite) was the Starskin Bio-cellulose second skin face mask. This face mask is like a rubber skin that you put on your face - you press it down to stick exactly to your face and it looks so weird when it's on! It's saturated in vitamin-packed serum, which you can just rub into your face and neck after the mask is off to make your skin feel super soft. This honestly made my skin feel like a babies bum! I get really dry skin in the Winter, and this was exactly what I needed to top my skin up and make it feel really hydrated. I'm definitely going to be buying another one of these!

Working 7 days a week at the moment is definitely taking it's toll on my dark circles, and my eyes have been looking pretty tired lately. I tried using the étre belle - Golden skin caviar eye roll on every morning to see if it could help, and although I haven't noticed a real difference in my dark circles, this roll on really helps to make my eyes feel more awake and refreshed in the mornings. It's also helped to keep them hydrated as they have also been getting a little dry!

Next up is the So Susan - Statement skin highlighter pencil. This is beaaautiful. I'd never tried a highlighter pencil before this one, and they're amazing for highlighting more precise areas such as your cupids bow, brow bone and down your nose, but also looks gorgeous on cheekbones. It gives your skin a really dewy glow and reflects light beautifully. New love!

I've been obsessed with trying facial oils lately, and when I saw that the box had the L'OCCITANE - Shea face comforting oil in it I couldn't wait to try it out! I used to think that I should avoid oils as my T-zone gets quite oily, but since i've started experimenting with different ones I realise how great they are for my skin. This is great as it absorbs really quickly, so doesn't make my face feel all greasy, yet leaves my skin feeling so soft for the whole day. I also love the smell of this!

I'm not really that much of a nail person... More than half of the time i'm walking around with either half chipped red nails or nothing on at all. But this Collection nail varnish - which I haven't really photographed at all (sorry about that) is perfect for Christmas! It's a shimmery, silver which has a pearl effect as it reflects off the light. I don't find that Collection nail varnishes usually last that long on natural nails, but I think I will be giving this a go on Christmas day!

Last but not least in the box was the essence - Liquid lipstick in Show Off. This was my first time trying a liquid lipstick so I was very excited! The colour is a really bright red with a hint of pink and is a colour that I wouldn't really tend to go for, but would look great on nights out or Christmas day. It stayed on a lot longer than I thought it would, and wasn't sticky either. It's really nice to wear occasionally, but I can't see myself reaching for it every day!


I loved my first Glossybox! Everything about it was so cute, really liked all the products I received and the rose gold design topped it off. I can't wait for January!



Are you signed up to any beauty boxes? Have you tried Glossybox?





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've been tempted to subscribe to Glossybox for ages and after seeing this one I might have to! The rose gold edition is so pretty x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig