Sunday 23 February 2014

REVIEW: Naked Basics



Hello! So I finally got my hands on the beautiful Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I was ooing and aahing whether to get this one, or the original Naked palette, but being an Urban Decay virgin I thought I would go with the basics! The colours are all quite matte, apart from 'Venus' which is lovely as a highlighter as it's a bit more shimmery. This palette is so versatile and so many looks can be achieved with it, I haven't had much chance to play around with it yet, i've only used it for my every day sort of look, but I love it! The colours are so strong so not much is needed at all at they stay on a long time which is always a plus! I would 100000% recommend this palette to anyone who hasn't yet tried it, or any of the Naked palettes! Or for beginners as the colours are really wearable and easy to create a 'nude' look!

(Swatches for the 6 colours in the palette, my favourite is Venue & Naked 2!)


This is quite a basic look that I created using Venus, Naked 2 & Faint. (The camera doesn't do this any justice, it makes it look awful and blotchy, it doesn't look like this in real life!) but is a subtle look :) I hope this has helped anyone who was deciding whether to buy it or not!

What is your favourite palette?

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Love this palette so much (:

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have been debating whether to get it. Nice review on the palette.

    http://awkwardgirlx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same for ages, but I'm so glad that I got it now! it's so wearable xx

      Delete
  3. Amy you finally got it! I'm glad I think you look super gorgeous! :)

    http://definitelymycupoftea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know yayy!! aw thank you, excited to experiment with it! xx

      Delete
  4. I have naked basics as I never wear shimmery eye shadows so the larger palettes were a waste of money for me! I love it so much perfect for everyday wear :)

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the same with me! I hate things that are too shimmery, I think I might get the other palettes one day but for now I'm sticking with basics! xxx

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty palette, so wearable and great for everyday! x
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was also looking at this palette and wasn't sure about it since I have the Naked 2 and 3 palette. It looks gorgeous btw! I was also wondering what camera did you use to take this photo? and if you used anything to fix this picture.
    I am sorry I am asking this, I am a new blogger and I have 2 posts up but I will be doing more of course and try to get youtube videos out there to also.

    http://lanasmakeupbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it, however I don't have any of the other palettes! and I use a canon 550D to take my photos and just adjust the brightness slightly if needed :) good luck with you blog! xxx

      Delete
  7. Thank you for this review. I have debated on whether to get this basic palette or not. I already have so many neutral colors but I think it might would be nice to have all in one palette.

    Beth
    bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's so much easier having all of them in one palette! hope this has helped a bit :) xx

      Delete
  8. It was very first Urban Decay product and now I love it! Totally did a post on it too :)

    http://alexasunshine83.blogspot.com/2014/02/monday-late-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this post! I really need to purchase a Naked palette :)
    xx

    http://letsgetwonderfullylost.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I hesitated for ages but so glad I finally got it! Xx

      Delete
  10. This is the one palette I don't have from the Naked Palettes - I really need to get it!

    xx Alyson
    Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such lovely colours! I want to get the naked 3 though although I don't think the colours will suit me! Xx

      Delete
  11. I don't know which of the Naked's to get, I'm not sure if I can justify any but I adore the looks of the basics. Do you own any of the other Nakeds?

    www.beautybunnyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried any of the other ones! But I love the basics and would definitely recommend :) x

      Delete
  12. I really like this palette because it's so subtle and you can mix the colors <3

    xo
    All my love,
    LipstickVillain.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This reminds me of the NYX palette, I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig