Wednesday 4 November 2015

October Favourites

I actually can't believe that another month has gone by. It felt like it was Summer last week, and already we're in the count down to Christmas (well I am anyway!) November is definitely my favourite month, not only because it's my Birthday, but because I love the cold evenings, dark nights, big jumpers and all of the Christmas shopping and cute chocolates in the shops! But anyway, here's a few things that I have been loving throughout October... Some of them you're probably fed up of hearing about as I go on about them a lot on my blog, and so apologies for that! I've discovered and fallen in love with so many products this month that I can see being a staple in my routine for months to come...

First of all, sorry the photos aren't great.. It's really hard to find a time when you work 9-5 where there is enough light to take photos as it's soo dark all of the time, and so the flash has had to make an appearance for these! I really need to invest in a light!

The first thing that i've been loving this month, and definitely at the top of the list is the Smashbox 'Shape Matters' 3-in-1 Contour Kit which I have written a full review about here. This kit has some gorgeous eye shadows in it, which are perfect for this time of year (and all year round), really nice eyebrow powders and the contour kit inside is perfect. I use this everyday now and am in love!

The next thing that has crept it's way into my make up routine more often than not, is Benefit Hoola. I've had this for ages now, but go through stages of using it and then not using it for weeks on end. I've really been loving it again lately, it stays on all day, is really matte, not orange and just a great bronzer - especially if you're pale like me!

Next up is Mac 'Shy Girl' which is a gorgeous cremesheen nude lipstick. This was on my Birthday/Christmas wish list that I put up not long ago, but I couldn't resist buying it when I went to mac last week, oops! I never ever buy any nude lipsticks, always pinks and reds and so I thought it was time that I invested in something more subtle. This is really natural on your lips and gives just the right amount of colour, it's more pink toned than orange which is something that I don't usually go for. I love the cremesheen finish as it's so hydrating in these colder months when your lips need a bit more TLC. Also looks perfect with a smoky eye!

Another lipstick that i've been loving at the moment is the Avon Ultra Colour Lip Crayon in Plum Perfect. Berry lips are so hot at the moment, they're really nice for this time of year and go with all of the Autumnal colours! I love this lipstick as it's a really easy shape to apply, really hydrating and stays on really well!

The last piece of make up on my favourites is the Makeup Revolution eyeshadow in Star (I think that's what this is called!) I got given this a while back and never really used it, but as i've really been loving gold/bronze eyes lately I decided to try this out and I looooove it! It's super pigmented and sparkly and again is great for this time of year. I use this most days at the moment, it's my 'go-to' eyeshadow.

Next is the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. This is another product that i've had for ages now, but recently fallen in love with again. This is a daytime eye cream, and I used to use it every single day but then got lazy with my routine and completely forgot about it! But i've started using it again, and it makes SUCH a difference to my dark circles instantly. It brightens all around my eye area and leaves it really soft - i'm not gonna forget about this one again!

The next two favourites are hair products. I've never normally been one for hair products, but i'm trying to take more care of my hair lately and so these products have found their way into my life! The first is the Paul Mitchell Heat Seal 'soft style', which is a heat protector that also softens your hair. I apply it every time before I dry my hair and straighten it, and it really makes a huge difference to how shiny and soft my hair feels. I never used to bother with heat protectors, but now I realise how important they are - especially when you straighten your hair as much as me! (Frizzy hair problems)

Another hair product i've been obsessed with is the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi 'Wild Ginger' Texturizing Sea Spray, which I have written in depth about before here. This smells INCREDIBLE. I normally go for sweet smells, but this is so gorgeous, i'm not very good at describing smells, but it sort of smells like an aftershave or a nice candle (i'm not very good at describing smells haha). But if you ever go past a hair dressers I would definitely recommend going and having a sniff. I have loose curls most days now, and this really helps to keep them in all day (and smell great!)


Another thing that i've been obsessed with this month is the Paper Towns soundtrack. It's been playing in my car continually - it's so chilled and has so many catchy songs on it. The film was amazing and I can't wait for it to come out on dvd!

Also, I got offered a job at Space NK for over Christmas! Which i'm sooo excited about!

Let me know what you've been loving this month and if any of them have been the same as mine!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig