Saturday 28 November 2015

MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick

As everyone will know, Kylie Jenner's lips have been a massive topic over the past year. The internet has been flooded with lip tutorials to try and achieve her iconic, big, full lips and so it will come as no surprise that when it was revealed that she wears 'Velvet Teddy' by MAC, the lipstick was sold out for months, and it was almost impossible to get hold of. But the lipstick is back in stock now and has been for a while I think... And so I decided to try it out! I usually tend to just stick to subtle pinks or bright reds (and not a lot in between) but lately I've been experimenting with different colours so that I don't end up buying 10 of the same colour lipsticks just from different brands. Does anyone else do that? I find a colour I like and then every time I see it I think 'ooo that's nice, i'm gonna get that!' Get home, and then realise I have 10 the same already haha. Anyway back to the lipstick...

The lipstick is a pink toned nude with a hint of brown. It has a matte finish which helps it stay on for most of the day, but even when it does start to fade it leaves a nice tint of colour so you haven't got to worry about topping it up all day. I also find that this isn't as drying as some of the other matte lipsticks from MAC, as I find with some of their matte finishes they really dry my lips out and show every crack on them! But with this one I don't find it has the same effect. Weird. (But also a good thing!) I think that this colour will suit most skin tones, obviously it looks amazing on Kylie Jenner who is a lot darker than me, but I also think that it suits us pal gals just as well. A lot of nude lipsticks make me look quite ill as I am so pale, but I found that this has just the right amount of colour.

I have quite thin, small lips and so I don't quite make the KJ cut when wearing this lipstick (no matter how much lip liner I wear) but I really love it as an every day colour and it's definitely going to be a much reached-for lipstick in my make up routine.

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This colour looks amazing on you! I unfortunately tried it on & it didnt quite suit me! :(

    Serene xoxo

    http://www.iamserenel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this lipstick, I wear it all the time I love how long lasting it is x

    Zoe Mountford x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm wearing it nearly every day at the moment! xx

      Delete
  3. Really want to try Velvet Teddy it looks like it's the perfect matte nude colour!

    Millie x | Millies Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! A lot of nudes completely wash me out, but this has just enough colour for pale gals like me!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love this lipstick! It's one of my favourites from my MAC lipstick collection and it really suits you x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I think it might be my favourite now! xx

      Delete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig