Sunday 3 May 2015

One Year On

First of all, I can't believe it's been a whole year since I have blogged anything! I loved doing it, and writing about the products I love and what I've been doing etc, but have just had such a hectic past year I felt like I just didn't have time to blog as there was always something new. I do really want to start blogging again and feel like now I have got to a point where it would be easier to do so, and I'm excited to get it going again! I thought I'd give you all a little insight as to what my year has been like..




First of all, I passed my Art Foundation course with a distinction (woo) so with having all of my final major project to do, this made me very busy and stressed so I found it near impossible to try and blog at the time! I really miss college, I had such an amazing year and met some amazing people, I wish I could do it all again!


That lead to another stressful time last year, and that was deciding whether or not to go to uni. When I first started the course I was quite sure that I didn't want to go, but as the year went on and I saw more and more people prepare and interview, it made me think that maybe this is what I should do. So I got a portfolio together and had some interviews! (Terrifying times) I got offered a place at Westminster doing an animation course, and also at Winchester doing graphic arts. I was so confused at the time as to whether this is what I wanted, so I accepted my place at winchester and deferred a year so I could have a long time to think about whether this was right for me. 

After leaving college, I decided that I wanted to start making something that I could sell; so I started painting phone cases and selling them online. I really enjoyed doing them, but couldn't do them for very long as in May 2014, I had an operation on my wrist to remove a ganglion (worst word in the world!). This is basically a lump I had growing on my wrist, which caused a lot of pain and made it so hard to draw, so I got it removed which gave me 6 weeks off work and also at least 6 weeks off drawing and painting. For a couple of weeks it was up to my boyfriend to do my hair and get me changed! As soon as I was ready to go back to superdrug, I got offered a job as a designer for a publishing company - which I took! I've now been there for 8/9 months and learning new stuff every day.





In August, I got the best thing about the year.. My 2 guinea pigs! I had wanted either guinea pigs or a rabbit for so long, especially as George was leaving for uni, so I could have something to keep me company.. So I got Henry and Ralph and they are the cutest ever! Henry is the short haired one, and Ralph is the crazy long haired! I feel like they will appear on my blog a lot now, so sorry if you don't like guinea pigs ;)





In September, George went off to uni in Falmouth, which is about 7 hours away from Brighton. This made things really hard for a few months, as I went from seeing him every day, to now every few months. But since he's gone, I have been up to visit and it is so lovely up there, all the houses are so cute and the shops are adorable! I don't blame him for leaving! 





I also did loads of other exciting things in 2014...

Such as going to the Harry Potter tours, which was amaaaazing! 



Doing race for life for the 2nd time - the atmosphere is so great, and I love doing it for such a good cause.



Getting my beautiful car - Frances the fiat!


And going to my cousins wedding in Devon, which was so lovely and also the first wedding I had been to since I was about 3!



There's also been some not so great stuff happen in the last year, such as my teeth.. I had braces on for 4 years and was so excited when they were finally removed in June 2014, but somewhere along the line my dentist took out 2 of my teeth and replaced them with a horrifically made bridge, which I hate and am so self conscious about. I'm hoping to get implants to replace them at some point - I know it's not a big deal but after so long having braces and operations on your gums, I had somewhat high expectations as to what my teeth would look like and as they are not what I hoped at all, it makes me disappointed! (The photos above are from a temporary retainer I had made, I actually liked my teeth here but unfortunately they only looked like that for about 10 days!)

Anyway I have probably rambled enough on this post now! I am definitely going to get back in to posting, and also want to get back in to painting phone cases, and other things that I feel like I pushed aside. I hope you've all had a great year and I'm excited to see what 2015 will bring!


P.S my laptop is broken at the moment, so I'm posting this on my iPad, so I think the photos will be here, there and every where! So please excuse that!



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aw loved this post, it's lovely to have you back! Glad you enjoyed your year, it sounds amazing!
    Eleanor x
    www.littlethoughtsfromlittlepeople.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm excited to get things going again! Xx

      Delete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig