Sunday 26 June 2016

Every Day Skincare Routine: Morning


Up until a few months ago, I was constantly chopping and changing my skincare routine. I have a real thing for skincare and I love trying out new products whenever I can, which means that I've never really had a routine as every day was just one big experiment! I feel as though now, I'm really happy with all of the products that I'm using every day and am in a position that I can share them with you!



Now this in no way means that I'm going to stop trying out different products, but I feel like this routine works really well for me and my skin. I have combination skin, and so finding a good balance between oily and dry can be quite tricky as I always tend to get an oily T-zone but quite dry skin around the end of my nose.

I'm a very bad morning person, I would sacrifice almost anything to have an extra 10 minutes in bed and so I've never wanted a very extensive morning routine with my skincare, but the routine I have now I think is just about right! Although, if I am feeling extra lazy, I do tend to miss out the cleanser stage!

The first thing I do when I get out of bed is go straight for the Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion which is the only thing in the morning that makes me feel more awake. I apply some to a cotton pad and sweep over my eyes and it honestly makes my eyes feel 10x more awake and refreshed as soon as I've used it. It smells really natural which I prefer first thing in the morning, and also helps to remove any little bits of eye make up that haven't quite budged from the night before. No matter how hard I try I always end up with remains of last nights make up in the morning - does anyone else have this?!

The next thing I do (apart from on lazy days!) is cleanse my face using the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. I absolutely love gel cleansers, I feel as though they are the best at getting everything off your face and leaving it feeling like a babies bum! I wasn't too sure on this when I first tried it out as it smells of turkish delight, but now I actually really like the smell. This leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft to start the day and a great base for applying make up.

Next I use the Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic in the same way I use the Eyebright, but all over my face and it really helps to brighten up my skin and make it seem a lot more radiant. This and the Eyebright work wonders together! Again, I also find that this step removes any last traces of make up, although usually it's all gone by now after cleansing.

Next is a product that I've been using for ages now, and it's the Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. I lightly apply a bit of this to my under eyes using my ring fingers and it's amazing at instantly brightening your eyes and de-puffing. It's formulated with coffee beans, panic ginseng, magnolia extract and natural optic brighteners and helps restore radiance to tired eyes. This is a step in my routine that I definitely couldn't miss now, as I do suffer with dark circles.

To moisturise my skin, I use the Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser for Normal/Combination skin. I was obsessed with this a couple of years back, but for some reason when I ran out I didn't purchase it again and moved onto trying other products. I bought this again a few months ago and there's no turning back from it again! I forgot how much I loved this, it's one of the only moisturisers that I've tried that doesn't make me very oily or greasy, yet keeps my dry skin at bay. Like most of Liz Earle's products, it smells really natural and the only way I can explain it is herby? is that a thing? haha. I love this and don't think I will departing from it again anytime soon!

Last but not least, is one of the most important stages in my routine and that is applying lip balm. I use the Nuxe reve de miel and it's my favourite lip balm ever. It smells of Terry's chocolate orange (or just oranges for normal people) and is quite a thick formula which goes a long long way. It's protected my lips through every season and makes them super soft for when I apply lipstick. This is definitely a staple that I can't imagine ever not using, i've got just about everyone I know to fall in love with it as well! The only thing i'm not too sure on is whether it has an SPF in it? 

So this is my every day morning skincare routine. As you can tell, I am loving Liz Earle at the moment - her products are definitely my favourite lately and I don't think that I've ever tried anything from her range that I haven't liked! I Hope this has been helpful to some of you, and if you've tried any of the products mentioned, let me know what you think of them!







SHARE:

8 comments

  1. The Nuxe Lip balm definitely smells of chocolate oranges haha - i love it! I really enjoy using the oskia gel but it breaks me out :( I love the sound of the Origins eye cream. I must check it out xx

    LPage Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks of the chocolate version haha! Oh no, that's a shame about the Oskia gel :( but the eye cream is so nice!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I have the sema problem with removing makeup the night before lol no matter how well I clean my face at night there are always some remains when I wake up
    Nice post!

    http://technicolor-heart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm glad it's not just me then haha! X

      Delete
  3. I really want to try some Liz Earle products, especially the Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion. It doesn't happen often to me, but if I was wearing many layers of mascara, I can find some residues on my lash roots the next morning!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely I would definitely recommend it! Maybe I need to work harder at taking my make up off the night before haha xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Nuxe lip balm, though I tend to use it overnight. I really like the sound of the Liz Earl Tonic!

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen so many amazing reviews on the Liz Earle brand, and I can't help but want the products! They are quite out of my skincare budget, which is why they've put me off. Great review! xx

    http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig