Wednesday 4 May 2016

Sephora Haul

Last week my Auntie and Uncle went to New York, so I (of course) made a list of all of the things I wanted them to bring me back from Sephora! Some of the products you can get in the UK, but I felt like I could justify buying more if it was from New York... That works doesn't it? This is a bit more of an Anastasia Beverly Hills with a hint of Kat Von D haul, but hey ho! I'm going to share with you all of the beauuutiful products that I purchased and my first impressions...

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in 'That Glow'
Everyone seems to have gone mad for this lately, and now I definitely see what all the fuss is about! The kit comes with 4 highlighters 'Sunburst, Bubbly, Dripping in Gold & Golden Bronze' and they are the most pigmented and gorgeous highlighters ever. I feel like they have every shade you could need, and the more golden tones are perfect for summer. They're so soft and you barely need to apply any for cheekbones to look amazing and glowing - i'm so glad I gave into the hype on this one! There are 2 different versions of this palette 'Gleam' and 'That Glow' - I bought 'That Glow' as I preferred the more golden colours, opposed to the pinky colours that are in 'Gleam', although after trying this, it's very tempting to order the other palette too! Also, my fingers look really stumpy in this photo!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in 'Light to Medium'
I don't think I have to say too much about this palette as the world and his wife, and his dog have it and rave about it every day. I think it's quite rare now to watch a video without this popping up! This is another product that I finally gave into the hype and bought, and like the Glow Kit i'm sooo glad that I did. I've been using the Smashbox 'Shape Matters' contour kit for months now and although I love it, I really wanted to try something new that had a few more choices of colour as i'm super pale and wanted to experiment with lighter and more 'taupe' toned browns. So far, i've only used 'Vanilla', 'Banana' and 'Fawn' as I feel like they're all I really need to use when contouring. I love this palette, all of the colours are so pigmented and soft and apply really nicely, without looking cakey. I also really like the fact that you can buy the refills now, so once you've run out of a colour you can just replace that without having to re-buy the whole palette again.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in 'Trooper'
This is the first product by Kat Von D that i've ever tried. I'd always heard people rave about this liquid eyeliner saying it's one of the best out there and so I had to give it a go. I go through stages of wearing eyeliner every day, and then not wearing it for months, and for the past few months I've not worn it (because I ran out and was too lazy to buy another one) so this was a well needed purchase. I sometimes find with cheaper eyeliners that if you apply them over eyeshadow/foundation they go all cloggy (is that a word?!) and dry out, but with this it doesn't happen at all. I love that this is like a very precise felt tip, which means I can do a perfect flick without making a mess of it! It also lasts all day as well - I find with a lot of eyeliners i've tried, they're flaked off half way through the day, but this is still on right until I take my make up off. This has definitely made me want to try more of her products and I just wish that we could get this in the UK :'(
Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in 'Catnip'
The liquid lipsticks were the products that I was the most excited to try out. I gave my Auntie a list of about 6 colours to find, but all of them were sold out in all 9 Sephoras she went in! Originally Catnip wasn't on my list, but was similar to a couple of colours that were so she bought this one back for me and i'm so glad because it's such a gorgeous colour! It's a purple toned dark pink and I don't own anything like it (which is good as I usually end up buying the same colour in different brands all the time once I find one I like!) I cannot express how much I love these liquid lipsticks. They apply amazingly and are again so pigmented so you don't need to apply much product. After a couple of minutes they dry into the most amazing matte lip and honestly do not budge! I wore this to a wedding at the weekend and after eating a 3 course meal a lot of it was still on, I just had to top it up slightly in the centre. I'm dying to try more of these in different colours as I think they are my number one right now! (Swatch of the colour below).

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in 'Sepia'
I'm not usually a lip gloss kinda gal, but when I saw this colour I had to try it out. It's quite a brown shade, which is something I don't own many, if not any of, so I was really interested to see if it would suit me. This is the typical Kylie Jenner lip when paired with a lip liner such as MAC's 'Whirl' or added over Nars 'Bahama' and I am obsessed! I can't believe how pigmented this is for a lip gloss, and it smells INCREDIBLE, like chocolate! This has definitely changed my opinion on lip glosses and I am dying to try more of these!


I absolutely love everything that I bought from Sephora and my first impressions of them all have been amazing. I soo wish that there was a Sephora in the UK, or that the ABH liquid lipsticks/Kat Von D range could be available over here... But for now I will make the most of all the lovely products that I have!

Let me know if you've tried any of these and what you think!








SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love the Glow Kit - they're such pretty shades! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Obsessed with highlighters at the moment! x

      Delete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig