Friday 28 February 2014

Battle of the Concealers: Boi-ing VS Kick Ass Concealer


I don't know about you, but I always find myself buying new concealers. I've always suffered with quite bad dark circles and am forever searching for a miracle concealer to make them vanish completely, well Benefit's 'Boi-ing' and Soap & Glory's 'Kick Ass Concealer' come pretty close. They are both really popular & talked about concealers. I bought the S&G concealer a while back but never really used it much as I was being loyal to my Collection concealer, but after recently buying bo-ing, I discovered that the 2 are very similar... They both have a similar consistency and are in very similar sized packaging. So what is the difference between the 2, which is the best?

In the photo above I have applied each concealer to one side of my face (apologies for the brightness, it's very gloomy outside today so I had to brighten it for you to be able to see anything!) As you can see, there isn't much difference between the 2 at all, apart from Boi-ing having slightly better coverage around my dark circles. They both have their pros & cons, S&G is better in the respect that it has 2 different colours in the pot, one for blemishes and the other for dark circles, it also has a setting powder & mirror in it, making it  better for 'on the go' fixes. Whereas, Boi-ing I feel has better coverage and stays on a lot longer, so there is no need for top ups throughout the day as S&G did seem to separate a bit more under my eyes and needed reapplying every few hours. Here is who I think wins each quality:

Packaging: S&G 
Staying power: bo-ing
Shade choices: boi-ing
Coverage: boi-ing
Price: S&G

Verdict: Both concealers are very good and similar, but I think boi-ing is the winner for me! Although I love the compact case that the S&G comes in and how convenient it is, I prefer a concealer that I don't have to keep topping up and boi-ing doesn't seem to separate on my skin too which is a bonus! You definitely get what you pay for, Benefit you have won me over again! However, if you don't want to spend £17.50 on a concealer as it is a little pricey, I would definitely recommend the S&G Kick Ass Concealer at £10 as it is a really good concealer and still one of my favourites - especially for my handbag.

Let me know if you have tried either of these & which one is your favourite!


SHARE:

19 comments

  1. So glad you did this!
    I own both of these but havent tried either yet!

    Stevie
    VintageAndVans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw hope it helped! Well they're both really good concealers :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. What did you use to apply the boi-ing? I've found it doesn't really work well with brushes. I got mine in a kit and it came with two shades so I like that aspect of it so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use my finger tips now, I tried it with a brush but didn't work! xx

      Delete
  3. I like how you listed it - gives a great overview! :)
    I'm still loyal to my Collection concealer but might try one of these out!
    xx Ann-Kathrin

    http://annxkathrin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'm still loving my collection one too, these are just better for under eye I find :)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I've been interested in both concealers and was debating the two so this post was really helpful! I think I'm leaning towards Boi-ing though! :)
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it helped! Yeah I would definitely recommend Boi-ing :) xx

      Delete
  5. I've not tried Boi-ing but I have the S&G one and don't really like it, so I'd love to try the boi-ing one and see what it's like! you have a lovely blog :) x

    http://beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the S&G one is a bit cakier than boi-ing that's why I don't like it as much!
      aww thank you so much :) xx

      Delete
  6. Great comparison! I like the S&G just bc it has two shades.

    xx Alyson
    Beauty Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I love that it has 2 shades and has the powder
      Xxx

      Delete
  7. I've never tried Boi-ing, always been much more of an erase paste gal (do you know what the difference is between the two? I've always wondered) but I have thought about getting Kick Ass one, especially as YouTubers claim its a dupe for the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer. Great blog post :) xxx

    www.beautybunnyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo i've never tried erase paste, I really want to though! Yeah :) I really want to try the Seventeen one as well! Thank you lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  8. Is the boing heavy or lightweight? i'm contemplating on purchasing it. i also dont want it to settle in fine lines :/

    xo
    All my love
    LipstickVillain.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels light on the skin and doesn't crease but with still really good coverage! xx

      Delete
  9. I too suffer from really bad dark eye circles and I feel the MAC pro long wear concealer really helps with it. I will have to try boi-ing though.

    http://lanasmakeupbeauty.blogspot.com

    Lana xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that! Would you recommend it then? I do love Boi-ing!
      xx

      Delete
  10. i used to use benefits erase paste but this time went for boi-ing instead and it does have a much better coverage (i suffer with dark circles too and am forever looking for something to get rid of them) i would say id give S&G a go, but i'm allergic to S&G so unfortunately im stuck with paying 17.50. great post though.

    Hayley \\ http://pocketn0tes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig