Thursday 7 January 2016

Birchbox December 'The Luxe Edition'


It's that beauty box time of the month again, and this time it's the Birchbox December Luxe edition... I'm really loving receiving my boxes now, especially as my Birchbox and Glossybox come at different times of the month, it means that i've always got something to look forward to. However, I did have some troubles with this box, I got an email telling me it had been dispatched on the 9th, and 10 days later I still hadn't received it.. So I emailed customer services and they told me they didn't have me on their database, even though they had taken the money! I then emailed someone else from customer services and it got sorted out and I received my replacement within 2 days. But it was still very odd... So I am quite interested to see how easily I get my January box! Anyway, enough moaning, let me show you all the goodies I got...
It wasn't really a beauty 'box' this month as it came in this gorgeous clutch bag. I NEVER buy clutch bags, in fact I think I own 1? So this was a really nice feature to this months edition - it's really gold and sparkly as well, which made it perfect for Christmas and New year and I will definitely be getting more use out of it! Here's what came in the bag:

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner
I almost forgot how much I love this eyeliner. I used to be obsessssssed with it, but just stopped buying it. It's not as easy to apply as a lot of other liners, but it has amazing staying power and gives a really nice dramatic look. May be repurchasing one of these soon!

Benefit Puff Off!
I was so excited to try this, as i'd wanted to try it out since it was released! You apply it under your eyes and it helps smooth the appearance of puffiness, and I found that it definitely helped to brighten my under eyes and was a great base for make up. Really great around the party season for the mornings when your eyes need a little pick me up!


Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris
This is a really nice scent, it sort of reminds me of Vera Wang Pink Princess. As I mention every time I write about fragrances - i'm not very good at describing smells! I don't really like receiving perfume samples as much, as I find I don't really use them and they end up sitting in my room, I would much rather have had another makeup/skin care product instead. But nethertheless it is a really nice smell!


Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre
This is such a gorgeous moisturiser, which can also be doubled up as a primer. It's a great base for make up as it leaves your skin silky smooth! My skin gets quite dry around the winter so this definitely helped out on my dry areas, especially around my nose.

Rituals T'ai Chi Foaming Shower Gel
This smells gorgeous! I love foaming shower gels, they're so much nicer than standard gels and lather up amazingly, so they're great to use for shaving. This has a really fresh scent, which is very different for me as I usually love sweet and fruity smells.

ModelCo Ultra Long Lasting Lipstick in Smitten
I really like this lipstick, I have to admit I have quite a few red lipsticks in my collection, but you can never have too many! It's really creamy and lasts quite a long time, I love the texture of it as it's not drying, which is what I need at this time of the year as my lips do get quite dry anyway.

Ciate Mini Nail Varnish
This is the first time i've ever tried a caite nail varnish, and I have to say I am quite disappointed! It was so chipped within hours, and I wasn't do anything hands on for them to chip that much. The colour is a really gorgeous blue, just wish it lasted longer!

Apart from the issues with the ordering, i'm really happy with my December box. It had loads of great products in for the Winter and i'm looking forward to what January brings (hopefully something detox related!)




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This beauty box has a really nice selection of products in it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Think this is my favourite box so far! x

      Delete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig