Saturday 8 August 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade




The Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade is something that I had been really excited to try for a long time. After using powder and pencil on my eyebrows for years, I definitely thought that it was time to try something different...

If any of you have read my blog before, you will know that I suffered with an extreme lack of eyebrow due to over plucking over the years, but managed to save them by using the RapidBrow Enhancing Serum (which I have written a review on here) so when I actually had eyebrows again, I didn't really know what to do with them! After not having eyebrows for so long, I got into the habit or filling them in completely, which a lot of the time I found looked too heavy and really obviously drawn on. I kept seeing amazing eyebrows on various blogs and seeing that they had used DIPBROW Pomade, so I thought that i'd give it a go!

This picture doesn't do my eyebrows any justice... or my eyelashes!


After a lot of oo-ing and aah-ing I decided to get it in the shade 'medium brown'. It's a gel and so I apply it using my MAC 208 brush, which is perfect for eyebrows as it's so teeny tiny which allows you to make lots of strokes to give the impression of hair. I dip the brush in, and then wipe the excess on to the side otherwise far too much comes off and makes your eyebrows look like they've been drawn on with a wax crayon! It's really easy to apply, I first draw on the outlines of my eyebrows, and then apply the outer bit (not sure what the technical term is haha) a bit heavier and then use almost nothing on the inner bit to make it seem more natural (again no idea what the technical term is!!)


The only thing that I don't like about this product is how quickly it dries out in the pot.. As you have to wipe away quite a lot of excess gel off the brush, I find that quite a lot of it gets wasted and dries up. However, this could just be me!

The gel is water proof and lasts all day - it's even a struggle to get off before bed! which means that it's perfect for Summer as your eyebrows don't end up melting half way down your face. I'm in love with this product now and it's definitely a staple in my make up routine! 

The look in this post is my 'every day' sort of look at the moment, so here's a picture of all the products i'm wearing and loving every day! You've probably noticed that a lot of the products in the pictures are appearing a lot on my blog at the moment, but that's because i'm obsessed with them!








Let me know if you've tried this and what you think of it :)


P.S i'm getting a new laptop next month, so i'm hoping to post more regularly and give my blog a bit of a make over.. at the moment i'm having to use PicsArt on my phone to edit a lot of my photos and so I apologise that a lot of things look quite crappy, i'm hoping that as soon as my new laptop is here you will all notice an improvement! (And it will also make my life 100000x easier!)
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Hey, youre photos look great, especially from a phone :) i love the look of your eye brows.. at the mo i use pencil but i might go get me some of this gel stuff, it looks more natural x

    Leanne's Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, yeah I much prefer it! Will still be using a pencil though to mix things up sometimes! Xx

      Delete
  2. Yay Amy! I needed to catch up on your blog. This seems very helpful for people whose eyebrows are thin. I had no idea this product existed. :)


    Cristina, xo // My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Yeah it definitely is, I love it! Xx

      Delete

© amydoll | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig